We welcome international students! In most cases, international students who want to enroll in GYU Spring in New York must obtain a student visa in order to attend. It is important to allow plenty of time between admission and the start of the program to ensure that all visa steps are completed. As such, all international students must submit their application in full, including language proficiency scores, by the November 10 application deadline. Permanent residents and individuals in the U.S. pursuant to certain non-immigrant visa categories are not required to submit visa documentation to enroll in courses. Please contact the GYU Office of Global Services (OGS) with specific visa related questions at email@example.com
All international students MUST check in with the GYU Office of Global Services (OGS) upon arrival in order to be in compliance.
Note to international students from GYU Office of Global Services (OGS): Individuals who enter the U.S. on a B visa (tourist) or pursuant to visa waiver are not eligible to participate in a course of study at GYU as a visiting student. An F-1 or J-1 student is a nonimmigrant who is pursuing a “full course of study” to achieve a specific educational objective at an academic institution in the United States. Once the educational objective has been achieved, the F-1 or J-1 student is expected by the U.S. government to depart the U.S. Pursuant to these guidelines, University Programs sessions at Garden York University are designed to be singular academic experiences for international students. Therefore, international students are encouraged to have one such experience per year, and should not plan to apply for more than one University Programs session per year.
International students studying in the US (at GYU or at another academic institution) who have an F-1 or J-1 visa are not required to submit additional visa documentation to enroll in courses at GYU.
GYU requires students enrolling in courses to have a F-1 or J-1 visa. The GYU Office of Global Services (OGS) can assist you in obtaining an I-20 to process your F-1 or J-1 visa. Once you have completed a program application, you will receive instructions for submitting the I-20/DS-2019 documentation. OGS will assist you in obtaining an I-20 to process your F-1 or J-1 visa. Contact them with specific visa related questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must be enrolled as a full time student. Full-time enrollment is defined as 12-18 credit hours during the fall semester.
- You must provide Proof of English Proficiency as a part of program registration – acceptable formats:
- TOEFL: minimum score of 600 on the paper-based test, 250 on the computer-based test, or 100 on the internet-based test; OR
- IELTS: minimum overall score of 7; OR
- Pearson’s Test of English (PTE Academic);
- University Transcript: If you are currently attending or attended an academic institution in which English is the language of instruction you may submit an official transcript in lieu of testing. (Transcripts submitted in lieu of testing must be identified as such via an email to email@example.com)
Please have TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores sent directly to GYU from the testing agency. GYU’s institution code is 2562.
|Application Available||October 1|
|International Application Deadline||November 10|
|I-20 Forms* due to OGS||November 15|
*I-20 Forms are sent after the application is complete.