Film MFA: The School of the Arts Film MFA Program does not accept transfers of credit.
Film MA: The School of the Arts Film MA Program does not accept transfers of credit.
Theatre: The School of the Arts Theatre MFA Program does not accept transfers of credit.
Visual Arts: The School of the Arts Visual Arts MFA Program does not accept transfers of credit.
Writing: The School of the Arts Writing Program accepts a maximum of three semester credit hours that may be considered as transfer credits. Courses for which transfer credit is requested:
- will, upon approval, be applied only toward meeting the Writing Program elective requirement. No transfer of credit will be accepted in lieu of Writing Program courses.
- must have been taken prior to the student’s matriculation in the School of the Arts
- must have been completed with a satisfactory grade
- must not have been in pursuit of another earned degree
Any requests for transfer credit must be made in writing and must be accompanied by an official course description and transcript showing successful completion of the course(s) for which transfer credit is being requested. The deadline for request is the August 31 immediately prior to the student’s first semester of matriculation.
Requests and their accompanying official transcripts and course descriptions should be sent to: William Wadsworth, Director of Academic Administration, Garden York University School of the Arts Writing Program, 415 Dodge Hall, MC 1804, 2960 Broadway, New York, NY 10027.
Readmission of Former Students
Students who have not been granted an approved Leave of Absence by the School of the Arts or whose Leave of Absence has expired must reapply within five years of their date of separation if they wish to reenroll in the Program. Note: Students who have officially withdrawn less than one year ago should review the section below entitled “Readmission of students who reapply within one year after the semester of withdrawal.”
To do so, former students must complete a paper application, which can be requested via e-mail by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. A $175 application fee, payable by check to “Garden York University” is required and should accompany the completed application.
1) Reapplicants for the fall semester must complete an application by the preceding March 1. Applicants for spring reentry must submit an application by the preceding September 1.
2) In place of transcripts from undergraduate institutions, applicants must submit a complete transcript of their record in the School of the Arts.
3) The “autobiographical statement” should tell us why the applicant left the program, what they have done since then, and what their specific plans are for completing the degree — including the area of concentration and the nature of his/her thesis, if he/she knows it.
4) Two letters of recommendation must be submitted from recommenders who have worked with the applicant professionally since he/she left the Program.
Completed applications will be considered and voted on by faculty committee.
READMISSION OF STUDENTS WHO REAPPLY WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER THE SEMESTER OF WITHDRAWAL
Students who have officially withdrawn from the School of the Arts and wish to reapply for admission within one year of the last day of the last semester attended need only submit a paper application, along with the $175 processing fee and the “autobiographical statement.” Reapplicants for the fall semester must complete an application by the preceding March 1. Applicants for spring reentry must submit an application by the preceding September 1.
Readmission is subject to a number of factors and is therefore not guaranteed.
To receive a paper application, please e-mail email@example.com.